How to change Date of Birth on NIN – Did you make a mistake in your date of birth during your National Identity Number (NIN) registration? Or you only discovered that there was an error in the date of birth only after printing out your prototype copy? Many people often encounter some mistakes and errors while registering for their NIN. The good news is that there is an easy solution for you.Information Guide Nigeria
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has announced to the general public that individuals with incorrect data in their National Identification Number can now proceed to correct their data in the NIMC database. Although the NIN enrolment is free, there will be charges attached to other services like correction of date of birth, card renewal, and changes of address. Having an incorrect date of birth in your NIN slip can negatively affect any registration process that would require your NIN. Hence, correcting the date of birth on your NIN should be done immediately. In today’s article, I’ll be showing you how to change date of birth on NIN.
How to change your Date of Birth on NIN
If the date of birth on your National Identification Number (NIN) is incorrect, you can follow the procedures below to get it corrected:NECO Scratch Card: How Much is NECO Token for 2022 – How to Buy Token for NECO Result
Step 1: Locate the NIMC office closest to you with the required documents for modification of data. You are expected to come with the following documents to change your date of birth:How to change date of Birth on WAEC Certificate
- Original copy of your NIN slip issued to you
- Printout of the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number
- Application letter for the change of date of birth
Step 2: Request and fill the data modification form
Step 3: After filling, submit the form and the supporting documents to an enrolment officer
Step 4: Your information will then be inputted on the NIMC software by the enrolment officer
Step 5: Double check the inputted information you provided to avoid any mistake or error
Step 6: The enrolment officer will then capture your biometric data JAMB Result
Step 7: A transaction slip will be printed and given to you by the enrolment officer.
Step 8: Your previous NIN slip will be submitted to the NIMC office
Step 9: Visit the NIMC office in 2 days for your new NIN slip
Note: The NIMC correction of Date Of Birth will cost you N15,000 on the NIMC official portal. The payment must be made through remita, or via designated banks.
How to make NIMC payments Using TSA payments via Remita
Payments for the modification of any data on your NIN must be made using TSA payments via Remita. TSA stands for Treasury Single Account. It is the official medium through which payments are made into the course of the Federal Government. You can your TSA payments through any of the available options:
How to make payment for change of Date of Birth on NIN
To make the required payment for the correction of your date of birth on NIN follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Go to remita.net to begin the payment process
- Step 2: Click on “Pay TSA&States”
- Step 3: Select “Federal Government” form the displayed option
- Step 4: Navigate to “What do you want to pay” option, and simply type in “National Identity Management Commission”.Npower Recruitment
- Step 5: Under the “Name of service/purpose” option, you’ll see “correction of date of birth” click on it
- Step 6: On the remita platform, correction of date of birth shows N15,000.
- Step 7: Fill in your name, phone number, email address, and other options available
- Step 8: Click on “Verify” (tick the re CAPTCHA checkbox first)
- Step 9: Click on “Submit” to proceed to payment
- Step 10: Select your preferred payment method
- Step 11: After making the payment, take the payment receipt to the NIMC office to complete the procedure for the correction of your date of birth.
What else can I modify on my NIN?
Several data on your NIN can be modified, and each has its own designated fee for the modification. However, not all the data contained in your NIN can be modified. There are updatable and non-updated field on your NIN. Let’s take a look at rotatable and non-updatable fields on your NIN.
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Place of birth – State JAMB Form
- Place of birth – LGA
- Place of birth – Country
- Place of Origin – State
- Place of Origin – Village
- Place of origin – LGA
- Father’s name
- Father’s town or village of origin
- Father’s state of origin WAEC Result
- Father’s LGA of origin
- Mother’s name
- Mother’s town or village of origin
- Mother’s state of origin
- Mother’s LGA of origin