2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely Questions and answer: The West African Examinations Council GCE is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
Are you a candidate who is in search of 2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely Questions and answer? If so you are at the right place because Classloaded Team is here to guide you on How the Gce Mathematics Likely Past Questions are been set.
Classloaded understand how students feel whenever it comes to closing time for an external exam such as Nabteb, Neco, Nabteb Gce, Jamb, and Post Utme, that is why we make sure any question we are releasing/publishing is always the best option questions you are to see in your exam day because we always follow scholars and examiners. Below are what we taught about before publishing it, which are;
Gce Mathematics Likely Past Questions Gce, 2022 Mathematics Likely Past Questions And Answer Pdf,
2022 Gce Maths Past Questions Pdf,
2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely Questions and answer,
Gce Maths Past Paper,
Gce Maths Past Questions 2022,
2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely Past Questions,
2022 Neco Gce Mathematics Likely Past Questions,
Gce Further Mathematics Likely Past Questions 2022,
Neco Gce Mathematics Likely Past Questions 2022,
2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely Questions and answers,
2022 Neco Gce Mathematics Likely Past Questions and Answers
The Neco maths exam takes 2hours 45minute for all paper I (objectives) and paper II (essay). In this post, we will be posting out the 2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely questions for all candidates that will participate in the 2022 Neco examination.
Section I [Objective]
Answer all questions in Part I.
Write your answers on the answer booklet provided.
The following Nabteb Gce Maths questions 2022 are questions to expect in the 2022 Nabteb Gce examination. Note that sometimes the objective might come first before theory vise-versa
1. Given that y varies inversely as the square of x. if x=3 when y=100, find the equation connecting x and y
(d) y = 900×2
2. Find the value of x for which 32four = 22 base x
3. Simplify: 2 whole number1/4 x 3 whole number1/2 ÷4 whole number3/8
(b) 1 whole number1/5
(c) 1 whole number 1/4
(d) 1 whole number 4/5
4. There are 250 boys and 150 girls in a school. If 60% of the boys and 40% of the girls play football. What percentage of the school play football?
5. If log10 (6 x−4) x-4) – log10 2=1, solve for xx
6. If F = 9C/5+ 32, find C when F = 98.6
7. If y ÷ 2 x = 4 and y−3x=−1, find the value of (x+y)
8. If x:y:z=2:3:4, Evaluate 9x+3y/6z−2y
(a)1 whole number1/2
(c) 2 whole number1/2
9. Simplify: 2−18m^2/1+3m
10. A curve is such that when y = 0, x = -2 or x=3. Find the equation for the curve.
(a). y= x^2-5 x -6
(b). y= x^2+5x−6
(c) y= x2+x−6
(d) y=x^2- x-6
11. The volume of a cylindrical tank, 10m high is 385m3. Find the diameter of the tank. Take π=22/7
(a). 14 m
(b). 10 m
(c). 7 m
(d). 5 m
12. The surface of a sphere is 7927cm27927cm2. Find correct to the nearest whole number, its volume. Take [π=22/7]
13. A piece of thread of length 21.4cm is used to form a sector of a circle of radius 4.2cm on a piece of cloth. Calculate, correct to the nearest degree, the angle of the sector. Take π=22/7
14. In the diagram which of the following ratios is equal to ∣PN∣ / ∣PQ∣
(a) ∣PN∣/ ∣PR∣
(d) ∣PR/ ∣PQ∣
15. Simplify 361/2 x 64-1/3 x 50
16. Find the quadratic equation whose roots are x = -2 or x = 7
A. x2 + 2x – 7 = 0
B. x2 – 2x + 7 = 0
C. x2 + 5 +14 = 0
D. x2 – 5x – 14 = 0
E. x2 + 5x – 14 = 0
17. A sales girl gave a change of N1.15 to a customer instead of N1.25. Calculate her percentage error
18. What is the probability of having an odd number in a single toss of a fair die?
19. If the total surface area of a solid hemisphere is equal to its volume, find the radius
20. If 23x + 101x = 130x, find the value of x
21. Simplify: (34−2334−23) x 11515
23. The distance, d, through which a stone falls from rest varies directly as the square of the time, t, taken. If the stone falls 45cm in 3 seconds, how far will it fall in 6 seconds?
24. Which of following is a valid conclusion from the premise. “Nigeria footballers are good footballers”?
A. Joseph plays football in Nigeria therefore he is a good footballer
B. Joseph is a good footballer therefore he is a Nigerian footballer
C. Joseph is a Nigerian footballer therefore he is a good footballer
D. Joseph plays good football therefore he is a Nigerian footballer
25. On a map, 1cm represent 5km. Find the area on the map that represents 100km2.
26. Simplify; 3n−1×27n+181n3n−1×27n+181n
D. 3n + 1
27. What sum of money will amount to D10,400 in 5 years at 6% simple interest?
28. Make s the subject of the relation: P = S + sm2nrsm2nr
A. s = mrpnr+m2mrpnr+m2
B. s = nr+m2mrpnr+m2mrp
C. s = nrpmr+m2nrpmr+m2
D. s = nrpnr+m2nrpnr+m2
29. Factorize; (2x + 3y)2 – (x – 4y)2
A. (3x – y)(x + 7y)
B. (3x + y)(2x – 7y)
C. (3x + y)(x – 7y)
D. (3x – y)(2x + 7y)
30. The curve surface area of a cylinder, 5cm high is 110cm 2. Find the radius of its base. [Take π=227π=227]
31. The volume of a pyramid with height 15cm is 90cm3. If its base is a rectangle with dimension xcm by 6cm, find the value of x
32. Calculate the gradient of the line PQ
33. A straight line passes through the point P(1,2) and Q
(5,8). Calculate the length PQ
34. If cos θθ = x and sin 60o = x + 0.5 0o < θθ < 90o, find, correct to the nearest degree, the value of θθ
35. Evaluate: (64^1/2+ 125^1/3)64^1/2+ 125^1/3
36. The common ratio of a Geometric Progression is 2. If the 5th term is greater than the 1st term by 45, find
37. In a class of 80 students, every student has to offer Economics or Geography or both. If 65 students offered Economics and 50 offered Geography, how many students offered both subjects.
38. Some red balls were put in a basket containing 12 white balls and 16 blue balls. If the probability of picking a red ball from the basket is 3/7, how many red balls were introduced?
39. Convert 12314 to a number in base 6.
40. Find the slope of the curve y = 3x3 + 5x2 – 3 at (-1, 5).
41. Find the area of the region bounded by y = x2 + x – 2 and x – axis.
42. The minimum value of y = x2 – 4x – 5 is ______
43. There are 8 boys and 4 girls in a lift. What is the probability that the first person who steps out of the lift will be a boy?
If you are looking for a good tutorial on Mathematics Likely subject or preview of more solving question check on our tutorial class because there Classloaded hire lecturers who lecture students on some topics they find difficult. Join our tutorial class for you not to be left out.
Section II [Essay]
Answer any FIVE questions in Part II.
Write your answers on the answer booklet provided.
In the diagram, L.PTQ = L.PSR = 900, /PQ/ = 10 ern, /PS/ = 14.4 cm and /TQ/ = 6 cm.
Calculate the area of quadrilateral QRST.
(b) Two opposite sides of a square are each decreased by 10% while the other two are each increased by 15% to form a rectangle. Find the ratio of the area of the rectangle to that of the square.
Math gce Observation.
We advise that student’s should always remember to apply the concept of similar triangles correctly.
Furthermore student should try and recognize the quadrilateral as a trapezium, this will help in finding its area.
Part (b) Candidates were expected to show that:
/PT/ = …./102 – 62 = 8 cm. m: =!J2L i.e ~ = 14.4.Hence, /SR/ = 10.8 cm.
/TO/ /SR/ 6 /SR/
Area of quadrilateral QRST = Yz (6 + 10.8) x 6.4 = 53.76 cm2. Don’t subtract the area of triangle PQT from triangle PRS.
This was also in order. In part (b) if the side of the square was y, then new breadth = 90 x y = 0.9y.
New length = 115 x Y = 1.15y. New area = 1.15y x 0.9y = 1.035/.
Hence, ratio = 1.035y² : y² = 1.035 : 1 or 207:200 .
In a class of 40 students, 18 passed Mathematics Likely, 19 passed Accounts, 16 passed Economics, 5 passed Mathematics Likely and Accounts only, 6 passed Mathematics Likely only, 9 passed Accounts only, 2 Accounts and Economics only. If each student offered at least one of the subjects,
(a) How many students failed in all the subjects?
(b) Find the percentage number who failed in at least one of Economics and Mathematics Likely.
(c) Calculate the probability that a student selected at random failed in Accounts.
(a) Copy and complete the table of values for the relation V = -X² + X + 2 for -3 ≤ x ≥ 3.
(b) Using scales of 2 cm to 1 unit on the x-axis and 2 cm to 2 units on the v-axis, draw a graph of the relation
y = -X² + X + 2.
(c) From the graph, find the:
(i)Minimum value of y;
(ii)Roots of the equation X² – x -2 = 0;
(iii)Gradient of the curve at x = -0.5.
3. (a) P varies directly as Q and inversely as the square of R. If P = 1 when Q = 8 and R = 2, find the value of Q when P = 3 and R = 5.
(b) An aeroplane flies from town A(20oN, 60oE) to town B(20oN, 20oE).
(i) If the journey takes 6 hours, calculate, correct to 3 significant figures, the average speed of the aeroplane.
(ii) If it then flies due north from town B to town C, 420 km away, calculate, correct to the nearest degree, the latitude of town C.
[Take radius of the earth = 6400 km and π = 3.142]
4. Using ruler and a pair of compasses only,
(a) construct a rhombus PQRS of side 7 cm and ÐPQR = 60o;
(b) locate point X such that X lies on the locus of points equidistant from PQ and QR and also equidistant from Q and R;
(c) measure /XR/.
5. (a) In a class of 50 students, 30 offered History, 15 offered History and Geography while 3 did not offer any of the two subjects.
(i) Represent the information on a Venn diagram.
(ii) Find the number of candidates that offered: History only; Geography only.
(b) A trader sold an article at a discount of 8% for N 828.00. If the article was initially marked to gain 25%, find the
(i) cost price of the article;
(ii) discount allowed.
6. The area of a rectangular football field is 7200m2 while its perimeter is 360m. calculate the:
(a) dimensions of the field;
(b) cost of clearing the field at N6.50 per square meter, leaving a margin of 2m wide along the longer sides;
(c) percentage of the part not cleared.
7. Two fair dice are thrown.
M is the event described by “the sum of the scores is 10” and
N is the event described by “the difference between the scores is 3”.
(a) Write out the elements of M and N.
(b) Find the probability of M or N.
(c) Are M and N mutually exclusive? Give reasons.
8. (a) The total surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 9 : 49. If the radius of the smaller sphere is 12 cm, find, correct to the nearest cm3, the volume of the bigger sphere.
(b) A cyclist starts from a point X and rides 3 km due West to a point Y. At Y, he changes direction and rides 5 km North-West to a point Z.
(i) How far is he from the starting point, correct to the nearest km?
(ii) Find the bearing of Z from X, to the nearest degree.
If you need us to help you with updated questions and answers at the right time about the 2022 Nabteb Gce Mathematics Likely Questions and answer, kindly subscribe or Join the Classloaded forum for you to have access to important information…
Also, feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this guide. What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relations via Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.